Five Blessings In My Life
Blessings seem like a religious thing, and although I’m not against religion – actually kudos to you for following one – it isn’t something for me. I like to think of myself as a spiritual agnostic, which is a fancy way of saying I embrace everyone for being who they are and believe there is a greater force out there but they may not be Allah, God, Yahweh or so on. Also I’m lazy…
So, now that’s clarified let’s change the title to ‘Five Things I’m Thankful For’.
- My parents. I wouldn’t be here without them – literally, I wouldn’t exist without my parents. They gave me life. They gave me a home. They love me and support me in all my choices… some more than others. But, I know if I needed anyone by my side they would be there.
- Mr. Canuck. He is my SO. Without him I would be a lonely dog lady typing away on my computer to all hours of the day… or living with my dad. Probably both to be honest. I love Mr. Canuck with his humour, his tenderness, his respect. Sure, he isn’t perfect. He can drive me up the wall sometimes, but no one is perfect. Gods know I’m hard to deal with. XD
- My job. Although not what I went to school for or what I imagined I would be doing for 8 hrs a day 5 days a week – I am thankful for it. The benefits are I’m getting better at math, I get to be organized with filing, and people come to me to solve their issues. Sure the pay isn’t the best, but the people I work with make up for it. Not to mention the experience this job is giving me in terms of out of school experience.
- Living in Canada. Not only do we have universal healthcare, beavers, and lakes – we also have winter. Not a plus for you? Well, I’ll be thankful to be living in -30/-40 if a Zombie Apocalypse occurs. Those biters will be frozen solid making them easy to kill.
- Air… because breathing water isn’t an option for me yet… although I can’t say I haven’t tried. 😛
That’s right – I’m thankful for my readers because without you I wouldn’t be so dedicated to working on this blog. (Sorry for the four days of no posts… I have family obligations but things should be back to normal now).
As you can see the seriousness of this list went downhill very fast. To be honest, I’m thankful for everything and everyone in my life. Without them I wouldn’t be me and I wouldn’t be where I am today.
Good way to end it, Dee. Yeah! *pats self on the back*